The Sudoku Method - Volume 1 - Beginner to Advanced (Learn how to solve Sudoku puzzles) by Sherlock Houdini
Latest book content update: February 2015 - Now with a possibility to download the puzzles in a pdf file.
With its 136 illustrations, "The Sudoku Method - Volume 1 - Beginner to Advanced (Learn how to solve Sudoku puzzles)" is a guide clearly explaining how to solve Sudoku puzzles.
It's not a list of tips but a method which introduces progressively the necessary concepts and techniques.
It's easy to understand, with no jargon or abbreviations, and assumes no prior knowledge.
Does any one of the following questions apply to you ?
- Are you sure that you are solving your Sudoku puzzles in an efficient way, without wasting time or efforts, and without guessing ?
- Did you ever wonder why Sudoku puzzles were so popular, but didn't attempt to play them ?
- Have you ever felt frustrated to not be able to successfully solve a Sudoku puzzle even though it was not rated as difficult ?
- Are you looking for an addictive and fun to play puzzle, but don't know how to properly solve it ?
- Are you willing to make your mind workout ?
- Do you want to give clear instructions and a good start to your children ?
This book will:
- give a clear explanation of the rules of the Sudoku puzzles and instructions on the best ways to solve them
- explain each possible technique to progress and why it is used
- offer general advice on how to tackle these puzzles
- complement explanations with numerous examples and illustrations
- include complete step by step examples of a Sudoku puzzle resolution, from start to finish
- show how to solve Sudoku puzzles with or without candidates, using an efficient strategy
No one will be left behind !
It will be possible to download the puzzles used as examples in a pdf format from our website (see Appendix).
Disclaimer: this book (and the techniques it reveals) will allow you to solve the majority of the published Sudoku puzzles (in general public magazines), but not the most difficult ones (only for experts).
A further volume will cover in detail the techniques required for those more challenging puzzles (Wings,Fishes,Chains..).
Table of Contents
I Description and rules of Sudoku
II Sudoku difficulty level grading
III Solving Sudoku puzzles
V Techniques to solve a Sudoku puzzle without candidates
V-1 Only one possible digit in a cell
V-1-a Last empty cell in a group
V-1-b Generalized case
V-2 Only one possible cell in a group for a digit
V-2-a Box crosshatching
V-2-b Row/column crosshatching
V-2-c Crosshatching with incomplete information - Pointing
V-2-d Global crosshatching
VI Strategy to solve a Sudoku puzzle without candidates
VII Complete example, from start to finish, of a puzzle resolution without candidates
VIII Extra examples: easy puzzles (not requiring candidates)
IX Techniques to solve a Sudoku puzzle using candidates
IX-1 How to input the candidates
IX-2 Only one candidate in a cell (naked single)
IX-3 Only one possible cell in a group for a candidate (hidden single)
IX-4 Box candidates aligned
IX-5 Row/column candidates boxed
IX-6 Naked pair
IX-7 Naked triple
IX-8 Naked quadruple
IX-9 Hidden pair
IX-10 Hidden triple
IX-11 Hidden quadruple
X Strategy to solve a Sudoku puzzle using candidates
XI Complete example, from start to finish, of a puzzle resolution using candidates
XII Extra examples: puzzles which require candidates
Practice and progress
Click this link to get:The Sudoku Method - Volume 1 - Beginner to Advanced book on Amazon.com
(You don't need an actual Kindle device as Amazon has free readers for PC,Mac,Android,iOS...).
Now available as Paperback or Kindle version.
Small Sudoku For Kids 6x6 With Complete Tutorial - My First Sudoku Puzzles - Volume 2
Are mini 4x4 Sudoku puzzles too easy ? (if not, see our first volume)
But you are not ready yet for the classical 9x9 puzzles ?
So this book is the perfect choice for you with its 6x6 grid puzzles and its complete tutorial.
The methods that you will learn are also applicable for 9x9 puzzles.
- Clear explanation of the rules
- Detailed techniques and method to solve 6x6 Sudoku puzzles
- Numerous examples and illustrations
- Complete step-by-step example of a puzzle resolution, from start to finish
- 100 6x6 Sudoku puzzles of increasing difficulty (with solutions)
Click this link to get: Small Sudoku For Kids (6x6) - My First Sudoku Puzzles - Volume 2 on Amazon.com (Paperback edition)